As far as we know, Plastic Food Containers nblinhua is a perfect utensil to keep foods fresh and keep out unwanted debris. Recently, there are various kinds of plastic food containers available in the market, see as follow, this article will give you a brief introduction of these containers.
1. PET, also known as polyethylene terephthalate, is safe around food. It is used widely in soft drink bottles and condiment containers among other things. But it is not known to release chemicals into foods or products. PET also has the benefit of being easily recyclable.
2. HDPE, also known as high density polyethylene, is largely used in making plastic grocery bag and trash bags. Like PET, it also safe in contact with edibles and will not release chemicals into foods.
3. PVC, also known as polyvinyl chloride, is a plastic that often used in cling wrap such as that found on cheese and meats. However, this type of plastic is actually considered very bad, and will release chemicals into food, including some that are considered carcinogenic and harmful to humans, especially when ingested.
4. LDPE, also known as low-density polyethylene. This plastic is used to make bread bags and freezer bags. It is not considered harmful to foods, but is not as easily recycled as some other types of plastics.
5. PP, also known as polypropylene, is used for yogurt cups and some condiment bottles. Though widely used for commercial purposes, it emits several harmful chemicals into foods, such as benzene. And it requires an excessive amount of energy to create and recycle.
The above are the main types of plastic food container materials, most of which can be found in our daily lives. In general, PET may be one of the best options. Because PET is easily recycled and can be remade into a variety of products, including more PET plastic containers. Besides, the tests showed that it will not release chemicals into foods. What is more, PET is durable and lightweight, and provides a good seal against outside liquids or gases that could potentially contaminate the product.
Well, plastics have already widely accepted in our day to day lives, though many of them may have harmful long term impacts on our health and wellbeing. Nonetheless, some choices are better than others, both in the impact of food and in the impact on our planet and environment. All in all, a plastic food container that successfully protects food without adding chemicals to it and does no harm to the health of the consumers will be the best option.