PET main raw materials are widely used as fibers […]
PET main raw materials are widely used as fibers in ethylene glycol (EG) and terephthalic acid (PTA), and can be classified into two categories: non-engineering plastic grade and engineering plastic grade.
PET has excellent properties (heat resistance, chemical resistance, toughness, electrical insulation, safety, etc.) and is inexpensive, so it is widely used as fibers, films, engineering plastics, and polyester bottles. Internationally, the industrial products of polyester thermoplastics have the following six aspects (already formed into industrialized products for sale).
(1) Liquid crystal polymer
(2) Polybutylene terephthalate (PBT)
(3) Polyethylene naphthalate (PEN)
(4) Polyethylene terephthalate engineering grade PET
(5) Polyethylene terephthalate standard grade PET
(6) Polyethylene terephthalate recovery grade PET (including blends and 100% recycled materials)