In the kitchen at home, plastic products abound, but […]
In the kitchen at home, plastic products abound, but the safety issues of plastic products are often overlooked.
According to their composition, plastic products can be divided into three categories: one is made of polyethylene, polypropylene, and melamine as raw materials, which are non-toxic and harmless to the human body; the other is polyester, which was discovered by the NASA , This is the chemical substance most likely to release harmful gases among all compounds, such as PVC, etc., have been confirmed as carcinogens; the third category is polycarbonate containers or bottles.
When these tableware is used to hold hot water and oil, phenol methane will be released. After the body absorbs it, the endocrine will be disturbed.
Many metal elements such as lead and cadmium in the surface patterns of plastic tableware can cause harm to the human body. There is a protective film on the surface of general plastic products. Once this film is scratched, harmful substances will be released. Therefore, consumers should try their best to choose plastic tableware that has no decorative patterns, is colorless and tasteless, has a smooth surface and a strong feel. Consumers can choose plastic products marked with PE (polyethylene) and PP (polypropylene) on the product, which is relatively safe.
Experts believe that plastic wrap, wallpaper, water pipes and toys, etc., all contain plasticizers such as vinyl chloride added to enhance the hardness of plastic products. These things should try to avoid contact with oily food or heating, otherwise it will cause the plasticizer Dissolution of harmful substances.
In addition, it is best to choose high-heat-resistant polypropylene products for kitchen utensils, such as special polypropylene fresh-keeping lids for microwave ovens, which will not cause toxicity when heated with microwaves; also avoid storing wax, detergent, etc. in plastic jars. After these chemical gases evaporate, they will penetrate the plastic material, which is harmful to the body.